SOME SUGGESTIONS FOR A LOCAL TYPICAL SOUVENIR FROM VIETNAM …
This discussion offers some ideas to bring back souvenirs and memories of Vietnam. Of course,Vietnam have many many thing to buy ! It’s wonderful plcae to spend your money ! But you have to thing about the weight, the price and especially, the souvenir have to implement the image of Vietnam !
Here are our suggested list of souvenirs to bring back from Vietnam:
– Coffee Buon Me Thuot with the chocolate taste or Thai Nguyen green tea ( the best one) usually with the lotus or jasmin parfum
– Very original and cheap, the small cup with perforated stainless steel that will prepare the Vietnamese coffee . Of course, if you get vietnameses coffee sold in powder, you have to buy this filter !
– A hammock wthat you can find easily in the south of Vietnam ex: Ben Thanh Market It’s light and useful for you if you have a small garden in your house …
– A traditional tunic called Ao Dài .
– A set of chopsticks of bambous or metal
– The traditional conical hat still used everywhere
– Lacqueware painting – That can be the most expensive souvenir that we suggest
– Paiting in silk and rice paper ( tranh Lua o tranh Dong Ho )
– Embroideries found in Da Lat, Hue and Hanoi
– Tailor-made clothing
– Honey found everywhere. Very liquid, it has a unique taste
– The lighters of any kind – You can find old Zippo lighters from GI americain soldier in Hochiminh City